Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me!

I'm 58 years old which is somehow unexpected. It seems when I last checked I was about 41. The only thing I've learned about growing older is that there is nothing at all you can do to prevent it. I've also learned that life becomes more precious as there is less of it. I'd say the past five years have held some moments of joy and peace that my earlier days didn't contain. And there are many more years to come. Thank you to my wonderful family for all the gifts, cards, calls and birthday wishes. And here is a picture of me taken by Drew with a camera I got as a present.

3 comments:

  1. I called you from the comfort of my new garage to wish you all the best on your birthday but I knew that you will be in good hands for your birthday. I drank a big glass of green beer for you that was ladled directly out of the Chicago River!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Pete and Kern. The Chicago River reference really took me back to Leprichauns and Chicagoans with green plastic hats on.

    ReplyDelete