Monday, February 22, 2010

Steve's emails from India


It's amazing to get pictures and emails from all the way on the other side of the world. Here is his email from Sunday: "Made it to my place in Bangalore on time. I’m not tired at all because I did a lot of cat naps and I’m pumped to get out and take pics. My apt is really a 5 star hotel, washer, dryer, safe, kitchen. Driver almost hit a dog coming from airport. He drove really crazy and honked every time he approached a car or truck, good fun." Today he wrote: "I hope this goes through as email has been giving me headaches. I’ve had an eventful weekend at a few really colorful markets. One of them is unbelievably intense and crowded,but it’s the India I wanted to see. I went back a second time and found so much more as its huge. They’re hundreds of flower vendors so very colorful. I’ve been riding auto rickshaws all over town for about a $1 each ride. Traffic is real bad and air is pretty bad, Its hot but not humid. I’ll try t o send some pics after this goes through. How is Dix?"

2 comments:

  1. Very cool to know someone who also likes to take photogs! Can't wait to see and hear more about his trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find the position of the two boys interesting. The forward boy is in the lotus position. Steve said he was concerned about how dark the back boy was but decided it added a sense of mystery.

    ReplyDelete